10/01/2009

The quick Sqaum art workshop post



Well I have been wanting to write a post about my experience at Squam, but of course I must wait until I have all the photos edited right? Well that will just leave the post until god knows when. I took the above photograph while at Squam lake this summer-taking photographs of RDC for their website:)

It also has been postponed for the perfect words. But folks I am embracing reality. My posts have to be quickly written, if written at all.

Squam for me was many things, but most of all it was a much much needed vacation. I simplified and only kept one photo session booked, and signed up for only one class and I didn't sign up for vendor night-even though I felt I should.

I have been burning the candle at both ends and decided that if I was taking off for 4 days on a beautiful lake, with the most beautiful woods...no responsibilities, no one to worry for but myself, I should take full advantage.

The one session was with the lovely, beautiful Pixie and her family. I will be posting the session pics when I am finished editing them-over on my photo blog.

The one class I took was Storyweaving with Jen Lee. Let me tell you this was hands down the best writing class I have ever taken. This includes all of my undergrad and graduate classes. I had never met Jen before, nor read her blog/work. I signed up because it spoke to my anxieties about writing on my photo blog and here, and I felt that it was the one class I could take that would send me home feeling if anything clearer and better armed for writing. It did. I highly recommend the class to anyone who has the opportunity. I think she would make an amazing professor.

Although there were so many wonderful art classes to take, I feel I have learned enough about myself to know, that inspiration is something I do not lack. Focus is what I need to work on.

So yes, I went to an art retreat, just to relax and do nothing but frolic by a lake, see some friends (one of them being my sister in law), and hug as many people as I could. It was the best vacation ever!

Thank you Elizabeth for creating Squam Art Retreats and for being you!

3 Comments:

Blogger bluepoppy said...

I love you I love you I love you and I miss you WICKED . . . .

bisous, E

10/01/2009 3:15 PM  
Blogger Jen Lee said...

You are so kind. If any of the pics you took of our class turn out, that would be just magic.

10/01/2009 6:56 PM  
Blogger artfoodsoul said...

"My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

from my reading yesterday all about balance -- the sun's in libra now, the scales, all about balance -- the collective unconscious works in mysterious ways ;)

10/02/2009 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home